The Museum’s first building was opened in 1919, but many Cham sculptures collected in Da Nang, Quang Nam and elsewhere were brought to the site over the preceding twenty years. The collection was begun by French archaelogists and experts from L’École Francaise d’Extrême Orient (EFEO). Some artefacts were sent to Paris and others to the Ha Noi and Sai Gon (now Ho Chi Minh City) museums, but many typical objects were left in Tourane (now Da Nang).
(c) Copyright 2008 by Da Nang Museum of Cham Sculpture
Editor-in-Chief: Mr. Vo Van Thang - Director
License No.: 138/GP-TTĐT, issued by Ministry of Information and Communication
Address: No. 02, 2-thang-9 Str, Da Nang City, Viet Nam
Phone: (84-511) 3470114 * Fax: (84-511) 3574801